Answer the following question:
Why is it so historically significant that in 2008 Obama became the first black president?
Focus on the following items:
- What we learned regarding the conditions under which black Americans lived as recently as the 1960s: voting rights, educational and job opportunities, Emmett Till, general attitudes in the black community.
- Slow moving progress of the civil rights movement
- Conflicts within the civil rights movement
- General attitude of the white community
To support your points, you must include references to all of the following sources:
- Eyes on the Prize: either episode 1 or 7
- Malcolm X’s Autobiography excerpt
- Letter from Birmingham Jail
- Obama’s 1st victory speech
Follow MLA guidelines.
- Underline thesis
- Present tense
- Times New Roman
- 12 pt Font
- Doubled spaced with one inch margins